ZEISS Announces US FDA Clearance for QUATERA 700, a Revolution in Phaco Technology

“What excites me the most about the QUATERA 700 is the synchronized fluidics system of the QUATTRO pump and how I can have both the highest levels of efficiency, while maintaining an extremely stable, independent of IOP,” said Sri GaneshaMD, President and CEO of Nethradhama Super Specialty Eye Hospital, bangalore (India).

The ZEISS QUATERA 700 is designed to increase the efficiency of a surgeon’s workflow from the clinic to the operating room (OR), enabling a digitally integrated surgical workflow. It functions as a single sterile operating room dashboard integrating patient data from other systems and the microscope view, available in real time to operating room staff.

“It’s great to see that ZEISS has added another critical component to the cataract workflow, a digital solution that further allows us to become more efficient and effective during surgeries,” said Elisabeth YeuMD, Virginia Eye Consultants, Norfolk, Virginia (UNITED STATES).

“Building on the company’s cutting-edge medical technologies, ZEISS is committed to continuously developing its innovative solutions,” said Dr. Marc Weber, President and CEO of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG. “Our investment in the latest digital technologies helps make client workflows more efficient by integrating solutions and improving clinical outcomes.”

“ZEISS is committed to bringing our latest innovations to United Statesand the ZEISS QUATERA 700 is a great example of how integrated technology can improve efficiency in ophthalmology,” said Euan S. Thomson, PhD, President of Ophthalmic Devices and Head of the Digital Business Unit at Carl Zeiss Meditec. “Together with our ZEISS medical ecosystem and surgical planning software, we believe this fully connected and integrated approach will help set new standards for patient care and clinical management.”

For more information, visit www.zeiss.com/med.

*ZEISS QUATERA 700 is not available for sale or use in certain markets.

Not all products, services or offerings are endorsed or offered in all markets and approved labeling and instructions may vary by country. For country-specific product information, see the appropriate country website. Product specifications may change in design and scope of delivery due to ongoing technical development.

www.zeiss.com/newsroom

Brief profile
Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (ISIN: DE 0005313704), which is listed on the German Stock Exchange TecDAX and MDax, is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies. The Company provides innovative technologies and application-driven solutions designed to help physicians improve the quality of life of their patients. The Company offers complete solutions, including implants and consumables, for diagnosing and treating eye diseases. The Company creates innovative visualization solutions in the field of microsurgery. With approximately 3,531 employees worldwide, the Group achieved revenue of €1,646.8 million in fiscal year 2020/21 (to September 30).

The Group’s head office is located in Jena, Germanyand has subsidiaries in Germany and abroad; more than 50 percent of its employees are based in the UNITED STATES, Japan, Spain and France. The Center for Application and Research (CARIn) of Bengaluru, India and the Carl Zeiss Innovations Research and Development Center in Shanghai, China, strengthen the Company’s presence in these developing economies. Approximately 41% of the shares of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG are free float. The rest approx. 59% are held by Carl Zeiss AG, one of the world’s leading groups in the optics and optoelectronics industries.

For more information visit: www.zeiss.com/med

SOURCE Carl Zeiss Meditec AG

Comments are closed.