Do not forget ! Proof of vaccination required to enter certain Chicago businesses as of today


In case you forgot, the City of Chicago is requiring certain businesses in the city to require proof of vaccination as of today, January 3. These activities include, but are not limited to, bars, restaurants, gymnasiums and other health clubs, as well as places of entertainment such as sporting events. Customers will need to show proof to enter these businesses, according to Mayor Lightfoot’s announcement in December.

The city’s move comes after similar requirements were implemented in other major cities across the United States. It seemed inevitable as the colder months set in and the new variant spread. It was as if we had a tendency to change the restrictions, however, this was done in order to avoid the catastrophic possibility of shutting down use inside local establishments – a move that decimated many small businesses in 2020. .

Sam Toia, president of the Illinois Restaurant Association, said his group had pushed for “mitigation measures that are as business-friendly as possible” amid the surge as the industry is still in a “fragile recovery. “, did he declare. “Capacity limits would kill the industry,” but vaccine passports would keep companies going, Toia said.

Here is a list of companies that will need proof of vaccination as of today, via Block Chicago Club:

Dining places inside

  • Restaurants.
  • Bars.
  • Fast food establishments.
  • Coffees.
  • Tasting rooms.
  • Cafeterias.
  • Food court.
  • Grocery store dining rooms.
  • Breweries.
  • Cellars.
  • Distilleries.
  • Banquet rooms.
  • Hotel ballrooms.

Indoor fitness facilities

  • Gyms.
  • Recreational facilities.
  • Fitness centers.
  • Yoga, pilates, bike, barre and dance studios.
  • Hotel sports halls.
  • Boxing and kickboxing rooms.
  • Fitness training camps.
  • Other facilities used to organize indoor group fitness classes.

Indoor entertainment and recreation places where food and drink are served

  • Movie theater.
  • Concert and music halls.
  • Venues for live shows.
  • Adult entertainment venues.
  • Commercial events and party venues.
  • Sports arenas.
  • Performing arts theaters.
  • Bowling lanes.
  • Arcades.
  • Card rooms.
  • Family entertainment centers.
  • Playgrounds.
  • Pool and billiard rooms.
  • Other recreational play centers.

However, there are interior places that are exempt. They are:

  • Schools.
  • Daycare centers.
  • Houses of worship.
  • Grocery stores (although interior catering sections inside grocery stores are included in the mandate).
  • Locations at O’Hare and Midway Airports.
  • Locations in residential or office buildings reserved for residents, owners or tenants of the building.
  • Dining establishments that provide charitable food services, such as soup kitchens.

Featured Image Credit: Jeremy Bezanger on Unsplash


Comments are closed.